In 2012 I will attempt to finish my first marathon, and not just any marathon, the Boston marathon. I will be running for the Melanoma Foundation, a charity that looks at Melaonma with an upstream focus and created to combat the rising rate of melanoma and melanoma deaths. They provide educational programs targeting the prevention and early detection of skin cancer and melanoma for both children and adults! My goal is to raise $10,000 for them, and any amount helps.You can purchase burpees for $50 each, and there is only 351 343 of them available! I will do all the burpees over the course of the marathon, so the more you donate, the more pain I get to endure :) You can also donate for the heck of it, or because you support the cause but not suffering!

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A CFB workout

Last night I hit up CrossFit Boston for a killer workout. I saw there was running in it, and decided to get my butt over there, since I figure, any amount of running mixed with CrossFit is gong to be a good thing for my training. It was great to workout in their new space (which is totally killer by the way) and Monica was coaching - its always a pleasure to be in one of her classes! We worked a lot on the POSE running method, with about 15 minutes of drills, I'm hoping that I can lock down the POSE method before the marathon. While critiquing my form, Monica mentioned that it seems my left leg has it down! The workout was:

4 rounds for time:
400m run
15 Thrusters (65#)
15 Pullups

I managed to finish it in just over 26 minutes, but good lord were my legs obliterated after that! I am debating running home from work today as a way to work out some of the muscles, but who knows how last nights workout will set in!

I also want to send out a HUGE THANK YOU to Jill, Linda and Audrey as my first three donations! Audrey bought two burpees for me to do, just because she likes to see me suffer - Ill be sure to have a smile on for those ones hehe!

No comments:

Post a Comment