In 2012 I will attempt to finish my first marathon, and not just any marathon, the Boston marathon. I will be running for the Melanoma Foundation, a charity that looks at Melaonma with an upstream focus and created to combat the rising rate of melanoma and melanoma deaths. They provide educational programs targeting the prevention and early detection of skin cancer and melanoma for both children and adults! My goal is to raise $10,000 for them, and any amount helps.You can purchase burpees for $50 each, and there is only 351 343 of them available! I will do all the burpees over the course of the marathon, so the more you donate, the more pain I get to endure :) You can also donate for the heck of it, or because you support the cause but not suffering!

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Grilled Bananas and Weekend Workouts

My weekend training has, so far, consisted of the grinding Hero workout Joshie: 3 rounds for time of 21 R arm snatches, 21 L-pullups, 21 L arm snatches, 21 L pullups. Its not really a workout you can go all out in, in fact, I dont think my breathing got labored at any point, mainly because sheer muscle fatigue sets in so fast that you can no longer snatch the weight or do the L pullups in a fast manner - so I ended up running at a cool constant pace and finishing in the 25 minute arena. I'm planning on doing some hill sprints with burpees at the top tonight after the little one goes down for the night!

Grinding through the L-sit pullups, although I'm not quite strong enough to hold the L 
Grilled Bananas: These were AWESOME and so simple I can't believe I haven't been making these all summer, and sadly grilling season is nearing a close. The bananas get so nice and goey and sweet its hard to believe they have literally just one ingredient. Plus, clean up is a snap! No grease or foil required, just put the bananas on the grill for about 5-7 minutes per side, cool and serve, now really, could dessert get any easier or healthier?


Please take a minute to look around my site and think about donating to the Melanoma Foundation!

***UPDATE***
We actually got out and did a mini workout after dinner tonight. We live at the bottom of a hill, so we did 3 rounds where we ran up and over the hill and back, tagged our partner and did 25 burpees, then rested until our partner was back from the run. It was just shy of a half mile for the out and back segment with 141 ft of elevation. Great workout and a great way to get some burpees in for the day! Im just stoked that we actually got out there and did it!

Watched a great TED talk about our evolution, hunting and barefoot running. While I wont be running Boston barefoot, I will be running in minimalist shoes from Vivo Barefoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment